You know, I admit, I’m running out of ways to say “Here’s a list of updates and fonts that I updated today”… so.. erm… here’s a list of updates and fonts that I updated today…
- Art Deco Fonts now have trial selection available
- Pixel Fonts now returned to ‘free download’ status
- Alien Glyph Fonts now returned to ‘free download’ status
This is a simple, rounded art-deco found based on those found in pulp-era “romantic movie” marquees. Includes full alphabet, extended punctuation, euro. Includes italic, bold, and bold-italic versions.
A retro-style font based on marquee lettering and pulp covers of the 1920s. Includes accent characters, full alphabet, and Euro symbol. Includes bold and italic versions.
This later-period bit of art-deco is actually inspired by some of the title lettering of Franz Joseph’s “Star Trek: Blueprints” and “Star Trek: Star Fleet Technical Manual”. Includes full alphabet, numerals, extended punctuation, euro. Includes bold and italic versions.
Today’s update features maintenance updates to three popular Transformers-themed fonts along with numerous minor changes to the site itself. Most notably I’ve been adding ‘trial prices’ (IE, free) to fonts to allow them to be downloaded before purchasing a commercial license. More updates will be coming!
- System update (again) and database cleanup (again)
- License Agreement page now on site
- Western Fonts now have trial selection available
- Pulp Fonts now have trial selection available
- Miltary/Stencil Fonts now have trial selection available
Blitzwing is a simple, military-style font based loosely on the packaging of Hasbro’s Contruct-A-Bots line. Includes full alphabet, numerals, extended punctuation and Euro. Includes bold, italic, and bold-italic styles, along with expanded weights.
Kreon is a thick, decorative typeface that is based on the logo of Hasbro Inc’s “Kre-O” building-brick line. Includes full alphabet, Euro, and accent symbols. Includes regular, italic, condensed, and condensed italic versions.
This science-fiction font is based on some of the plate markings founds in IDW’s “Transformers” comic series. Includes full alphabet, extended character set, Euro. Left and right braces replaced with Autobot and Decepticon insignia, respectively. Bar replaced with Predacon insignia.
Today’s update is a little bit of cleanup again, thanks to leaving dice all over the place…
This download includes the dPoly Imperial font, a new version of the popular dPoly Hexagon font which is designed specifically for fans of the Star Wars and similar series of role-playing games. The font includes “Aurebesh” style six-sided die in white and black, fate symbols, blank d12 and d8 symbols, and numerous Imperial and Republic symbols to make gaming in the galaxy a bit easier.
This download includes the dPoly Steampips font, a new version of the popular dPoly fonts now designed specifically for fans of the Steampunk genre. Steampips d6 includes gear-pip-style and Steamwreck-style six-sided die in white and black. It also includes FATE symbols for fans of that game system. Steampips d10 includes gear-pip-style dice, Steamwreck 00-90, and Steamwreck 0-9 dice in white and black.
dPoly Block Dice
This download includes the dPoly Block Dice font, a new version of the popular dPoly Hexagon font which is designed specifically for fans of bloody fantasy football and similar games. The font includes pip-style and Gutcruncher-style six-sided die in white and black. It also includes fumble, block, both bock, and critical symbols in white or black.
DPoly is a collection of ‘game dings’ fonts family based on the common dice in role-playing games. Includes Four-Sider, Six-Sider, Eight-Sider, Ten-Sider, Twelve-Sider, and Twenty-Sider types. Each font has ‘white’ and ‘black’ versions of the dice and numerous additions.
Now includes symbols from the FATE system (and replaces the separate dPoly Fate font.)
For the most part, today’s update is an attempt to fill the last of the maintenance holes in the Western Fonts archive. I’m also going to take the opportunity to get some fixes and updates into the overall site itself while I’m at it…
- All main tables now sort alphabetically
- Alien Glyphs page added, sorted under Science Fiction Fonts
- Fantasy Scripts and Glyphs page added, sorted under Fantasy Fonts
- Art-Deco Fonts now display correctly
Roughknight is a western-style typeface based on Sony’s “Wild Arms 5″ video game title logo. Includes full alphabet and extended punctuation, Euro.
Tonopah is about as basic as Western-themed fonts get. Simple, straight, and boxy, with very heavy serifs. Includes numerals, punctuation, accent characters, and Euro. Includes Hollow, Bold, Italic, and Bold-Italic versions.
Winslett is a decorative ‘old-west’ style font with thin letters and heavily-thickened serifs and accents. Includes full alphabet, accent characters, and Euro. Includes ‘hollow’ version.
This is a quick font update, well overdue. Just getting it out of the way while I had some free time!
Quantum is a simple, ‘classic-sans’ typeface that is based on the title credits of the James Bond movie “Quantum of Solace”. Includes full alphabet, extended punctuation, Euro. Includes regular and italic versions.
With the past few days dedicated to redoing the database and registration system, I decided to use today to knock out a few much-needed updates to some ‘all caps’ decorative fonts, and throw a new one in the mix too boot. Again, thank you, everyone, for your patience and understanding for the past few days. The new system works wonderfully and should make things a lot easier for those browsing the fonts here.
This ‘caps’ font is based on the lettering and ‘tech emblem’ used in Hasbro’s 2015 “Robots in Disguise” line, with the tech emblem surrounding the capital letters used in the “Strongarm” font. Includes Autobot, Predacon, and Decepticon symbols, all letters and numerals.
This decorative-caps typeface basically takes the capital letters from the original “Star Trek” logo and places them within the traditional Federation Arrowhead. Includes numerals and capital letters.
Steamcog Caps is a companion font for “Steamwreck”, consisting of all caps and numerals housed in decorative gears.
After much hemming and hawing I decided that it was time to upgrade my commerce software to something more robust and useful in the long term. Though I think I’ve found a superior solution, I sadly am going to have to manually update the database. I’ll be focusing on one section at a time, so if there’s a hiccup, try to refresh a little later. In the meantime, I’ll leave up the old solution for sections I haven’t quite managed to squeeze in just yet.
Thank you, everyone, for your continued patience!
- 17 March, 12pm : Updated the existing Art-Deco Fonts
- 17 March, 1pm : Updated the existing Science-Fiction Fonts
- 17 March, 2pm : Updated the existing Pulp Fonts
- 17 March, 3pm : Updated the existing Fantasy Fonts
- 17 March, 3:30pm : Updated the existing Military Fonts
- 17 March, 4pm : Updated the existing Western Fonts
- 17 March, 4:30pm : Minor cleanup and organization update
- 18 March, 9am : Updated the existing Pixel-Based Fonts
- 18 March, 9:30am : Minor cleanup and organization update
- 18 March, 11am : Updated existing Gaming Dice fonts, moved to fantasy
- 18 March, 12pm : Minor cleanup and organization update
- 18 March, 2pm : Updated existing Fantasy Script fonts, moved to fantasy
- 18 March, 2:30pm : Software update
- 18 March, 4pm : Updated existing Alien Script fonts, moved to science-fiction
- 18 March, 4:30pm : Reorganized some of the Transformers fonts to sci-fi
- 18 March, 5:30pm : Updated existing Transformers fonts, moved to sci-fi
- 18 March, 6pm : Cleaned up comments and posts with old sale links.
- 19 March, 9am : Updated uncategorized licensed fonts.
- 19 March, 9:30am : Updated uncategorized donation fonts.
- 19 March, 10am : Deleted old eCommerce solution.
- 19 March, 11am : Resource file cleanup.
- 19 March, 12:30pm : Basic ‘contact me’ form added.